Corn and Shrimp Chowder Soup2004-08-14
- Yield : 8
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 60m
- Add to Recipe Box
What a delightful and rich tasting soup. Serve this as an appetizer and you will be the hit of your dinner party. Great anytime comfort food is needed.
- 1 stick margarine or butter - 1/2 cup
- 2 tbsp flour or gravy mix
- 1 medium chopped onion white onion preferred
- 1 lbs seafood (crab, shrimp or crawfish)
- 4 cups milk or 2 cups whole milk and 2 cups half-n-half
- 2 (15 oz) cans yellow kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can cream style corn
- 1 (10 oz) can cream of celery
- 1/2 tsp Accent (MSG) (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion tops (scallions)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Tiger Sauce to taste (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cajun seasonings of choice
- 1 cup diced red potatoes optional
In a medium pot, blend the margarine, flour and onions over low heat. Cook until onions are wilted; do not brown onion.
Add the remaining ingredients except shrimp.. Cook over medium to low heat for 40 minutes. Stir to prevent sticking.
Sprinkle a light layer of seasonings on the shrimp;add the shrimp to the mixture. Cook for 10 minutes or until shrimp are a light pinkish red.
Spoon into bowl and serve with French bread and enjoy!