Creamy Crawfish Fettuccini2005-03-11
- Course: Main Dishes
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 50m
- Add to Recipe Box
A delicious creamy and mildly spicy version of Crawfish Fettuccini. Editor’s note: Shrimp may be substituted in this dish.
- 1 package fettuccini noodles - cooked and set aside
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 1 container (16 oz) sour cream
- 8 ounces hot pepper or pepper jack cheese shredded
- 8 ounces garlic cheese shredded
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp creole seasoning
- 2 packages 12 oz crawfish tails
- season to taste with salt, red pepper and black pepper
In a large heavy skillet melt the butter, add the onions, celery and bell pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes or until veggies are tender.
Add the shredded cheese one cheese type at a time.
Cook on low until melted; add the sour cream. Add seasonings adjusted to taste. Add the crawfish or shrimp and simmer for 5 minutes more.
Remove from heat and add the cooked noodles. Stir very well to mix.