Seafood Cornbread Dressing2003-12-11
- Course: Main Dishes
- Yield : 10
- Servings : 10
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 1:15 h
- Add to Recipe Box
This is a delicious entree or side dish that’s perfect for the Lenten season.
- 2 boxes Jiffy Corn Bread (or use your own, if you like)
- 1 cup butter (margarine)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 (10 oz) can cream of shrimp soup
- 1 (14 oz) can chicken broth
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb crawfish tails or crabmeat (you could use all three types of seafood if you wish)
- Garlic powder, salt, black pepper and red pepper to taste
Make some cornbread from scratch, or prepare the packaged cornbread according to directions and bake. When the cornbread's done, crumble it into a large, greased baking pan.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Melt margarine in a skillet, add chopped vegetables and sauté until wilted. Add soup, broth, shrimp and crawfish or crabmeat. Mix well and heat but do not boil. Add seasonings a little at a time, tasting and adjusting until you get the taste you like.
In the baking pan, on top of the cornbread, pour your seafood mixture a little at a time and mix; keep doing this until it's all mixed together. You may have to add a little more moisture (broth) to the mix if it isn't moist enough. Don't add a lot at a time, you don't want it to be runny, just thoroughly moistened.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes until golden brown.