Meat and Cabbage Casserole (Oven Baked)2002-10-05
- Yield : 6
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:20 h
- Add to Recipe Box
Another great “If you like cabbage” recipe.This casserole is an entire meal in one with rice, meat and vegetables.. It also reheats well if you want to make it a day ahead to bring to a gathering.
For a great taste variation, add one pound crawfish or shrimp or two cups chicken.
- 1 pound ground meat or 1/2 pound beef and 1/2 pound pork
- 1 cup onion chopped fine
- 1 cup bell pepper chopped fine
- 1 celery rib chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove chopped fine
- 1 8oz can tomato soup or 1 can Rotel tomato or 1/2 can of each
- 1 medium head of cabbage
- 1/2 cup raw rice
- salt, black pepper, onion and garlic powder to taste
- 1 can water
- butter (for greasing pan)
In a medium sauce pan, mix the onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic with the meat and brown.
Add the raw rice to the mixture.
Mix 1 can tomato soup with 1 can water and pour over the mixture.
Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Variation: Add one pound shrimp or crawfish.