Crawfish Nachos – Crawfish, Cheese and Chips2018-04-21
- Yield : 1
- Servings : 6 - 8 servings
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 60m
- Add to Recipe Box
A local restaurant that has since closed made crawfish nachos that my daughter loved. Baby girl wanted crawfish nachos, Momma comes up with this recipe.
Any of your favorite cheeses can be used.
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds crawfish tails
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 2 short celery ribs chopped fine
- 1 small bell pepper chopped fine
- 1 8oz stick butter
- 1 tsp each red pepper, black pepper
- 2 garlic pods chopped fine
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 (10 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 oz) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- ½ cup parsley
- ½ cup sliced scallions (green onions)
- 1 package cheddar cheese
- 1 package Colby Monterey
- I small block pepper jack cheese cut in pieces for easier melting
- 1 -2 sliced jalapenos peppers
In a medium saucepan, melt butter sauté onions, celery, and bell pepper.
Add seasonings and garlic and sauté two minutes longer
Blend in the mushroom soups, celery soup and the tomato sauce; cook on low for 20 to 30 minutes
To the heated mixture, add the crawfish, parsley, and green onions; cook five minutes more.
Add the pepper jack cheese and cheddar cheese blending until completely melted and heated through.
Layer chips and top with jalapenos and the crawfish mixture and top with Monterey cheese.
All may be heated in a 350 oven for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.