Classic Crab Cakes2002-06-17
- Course: Side Dishes
Delicious as a side dish or as a main dish topped with a cream sauce.
- 1 lb crab meat
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 heaping tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- Breadcrumbs (as needed for filler)
- Parsley to taste, chopped fine
- Flour (for dredging)
Mix all ingredients together, using breadcrumbs as filler. Add breadcrumbs until mixture is thick enough to be formed into patties (like a hamburger).
Make patties with the entire mixture then coat the cakes in flour and deep fry until golden brown.