Stuffed Bell Peppers IV2003-01-27
- Course: Side Dishes
- Yield : 6
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 1:15 h
- Ready In : 1:35 h
- Add to Recipe Box
This is an easy and quick meal of stuffed bell peppers with great Cajun flavors.
- 6 green bell peppers, tops and insides removed
- 1 yellow or white onion, chopped
- 1 (16 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 box Zatarins Chicken Creole Rice Mix
- 1 lb ground meat (chuck preferred)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp butter
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Mozzarella cheese for topping
In a medium saucepan, brown meat and onions in olive oil and then drain well.
Add tomato sauce, water, butter, and contents of Creole rice mix. Note: do not use chicken as suggested on box. Bring to a boil, cover and let simmer on low heat for 25 minutes. Remove from heat, stir and let sit for 5 minutes.
While stuffing is cooking, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add peppers and blanch for about 5 minutes. Drain and arrange peppers on a foil lined cookie sheet.
Stuff peppers with Creole rice mix, cover with tin foil and Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
Remove from oven, remove foil and sprinkle tops of peppers with mozzarella cheese. Return to oven until cheese is melted.