Spicy Cajun Veggie Soup2003-05-27
- Course: Soups & Salads
- Yield : 5 quarts
- Servings : 5 quarts
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 1:5 h
- Add to Recipe Box
Soup to soothe the savage beast and the Cajun soul. This is a simple, no fat, spicy veggie soup that’s easy to make and tastes great. Be sure to add enough liquid so you have enough broth.
- 2 (14 oz) cans of Swanson Vegetable Broth
- 3 (14 oz) cans of Veg-all
- 1 (14 oz) can of Delmonte garlic seasoned tomato pieces
- 1 (14 oz) can of tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 to 2 tsp Paul Prudhomme's Vegetable Seasoning
- 1 cup chopped celery (optional)
Add all the ingredients to a 5 quart Dutch Oven or other thick sided pot.
Then add water to near the top of the pot. Bring the pot to a boil and then turn down to a LOW simmer.
Cover and let simmer for 45 minutes. Test for doneness. Serve with French Bread.