Oven Chicken Stew2005-10-27
- Course: Main Dishes
- Yield : 6
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:20 h
- Add to Recipe Box
This chicken stew, once cooked, tastes so much like chicken fricassee. So easy, so tasty!
- 1 cut up fryer or chicken of your choice
- 1 envelope Lipton Golden Onion Soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can water
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 tbsp Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 cup onion tops (scallions)
- parsley (more or less to taste)
- black and red pepper to taste
- seasonings of your choice
Season chicken to taste with black, red pepper and seasonings and place in a greased/oiled large casserole dish or Magnalite Dutch oven.
Mix the remaining ingredients with the chopped onion top and parsley. Pour the ingredients over the chicken.
Cover and bake at 350 degrees, until chicken is done (approximately one hour). Serve over rice.