- Course: Main Dishes
- Yield : 4
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 60m
- Add to Recipe Box
Here is a novel idea for leftover gumbo. Use it to wake up your ground meat dish.
- 1 small onion sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp oil (Canola or Vegetable) or bacon fat
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cups leftover gumbo broth or one can gumbo
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper; 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dollop each of mustard and catsup
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- dashes of your favorite hot sauce
In a heavy medium pot add the oil and sauté the onions until brown. Add the meat and brown. Add the remaining ingredients, mix well and heat through.
Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes; stirring occasionally.
Serve hot like a Manwich sandwich; spoon on a hot toasted hamburger bun.