Gloria’s Crock-Pot Roast2009-06-23
- Course: Main Dishes
- Yield : 1
- Servings : 10
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 8:0 h
- Ready In : 8:20 h
- Add to Recipe Box
A dear friend of mine shared this recipe with me several years ago, and I have never cooked a roast any other way since. It is so tender it just falls apart.
The original recipe called for 1/2 package Lipton Soup Mix
- 1 large chuck roast stuffed and seasoned
- 1 can Campbell's Golden Mushroom soup (do not dilute)
- 1 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix *
- 1/2 can water
- 1 large or 2 medium potatoes largely cubed
- 1 to 2 carrots cubed or 1 cup baby carrots
Place roast in large crock pot.
Pour golden mushroom soup on top of roast. Add onion soup mix to 1/2 can of water. Mix and pour on top on roast. Place carrots and potatoes on top of that. You do not need to stir. Cover and cook on low for about 8-9 hours.
Note - * 1/2 package Lipton Soup Mix maybe used for this recipe