Crawfish or Shrimp Dip2002-05-27
- Course: Appetizers
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
- Add to Recipe Box
A Party Dip – great for family gatherings or weddings.
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2/3 cup chopped green onion tops
- 2/3 cup parsley
- 1 (4 oz) jar pimentos
- 2 tsp butter or margarine
- 2 to 3 lbs crawfish or shrimp
- 2 to 3 (10 oz) cans cream of mushroom soup
- Garlic powder, salt, and red pepper to taste
Garlic powder is the key ingredient; the more used (up to a limit) the better the taste. Sauté onions, bell pepper, celery, onion tops, parsley, and pimentos in butter or margarine. Add garlic powder, salt, red pepper, crawfish or shrimp that have been cut in halves and cook for 1 minute.
Add mushroom soup and cook until crawfish or shrimp are fully cooked (about 15 to 20 minutes). Season to taste. Serve with your favorite cracker or chip.