Raspberry Fig Jam2014-07-16
- Yield : 6 pints
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 60m
- Cook Time : 3:0 h
- Ready In : 4:0 h
- Add to Recipe Box
A new twist on fig jam…Raspberry flavor.
The recipe does call for peeling the figs; some Cajun cooks prepare the recipe by grinding the entire fig with skin on.
Fun facts on the delicious raspberry from the USDA
▪ Raspberries can be red, black, purple, and golden in color
▪ Black raspberries are different from blackberries
▪ Raspberries shouldn’t be washed until immediately before eating
▪ Raspberries are the most delicate berry because they have a hollow core
▪ There are over 200 species of raspberries across the world
▪ Raspberries are a member of the rose family
▪ Raspberry plants can live for up to 10 years.