Raspberry Fig Jam2014-07-16
- Yield : 6 pints
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 60m
- Cook Time : 3:0 h
- Ready In : 4:0 h
- Add to Recipe Box
A new twist on fig jam…Raspberry flavor.
The recipe does call for peeling the figs; some Cajun cooks prepare the recipe by grinding the entire fig with skin on.
Fun facts on the delicious raspberry from the USDA
▪ Raspberries can be red, black, purple, and golden in color
▪ Black raspberries are different from blackberries
▪ Raspberries shouldn’t be washed until immediately before eating
▪ Raspberries are the most delicate berry because they have a hollow core
▪ There are over 200 species of raspberries across the world
▪ Raspberries are a member of the rose family
▪ Raspberry plants can live for up to 10 years.
- 7 cups figs peeled and processed through food processor or mashed
- 6 cups sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 large boxes raspberry jello or 2 packs Raspberry Kool Aid
Peel and grind the figs.
Over medium heat, add the sugar, salt and jello to the cooking pot and the cup of hot water. Stir until blended.
Add the figs and cook over low heat for approximately 2 to 3 hours.stirring often to prevent scorching until the mixture thickens.
Pour into canning jars and process in a hot water bath for 10 to 15 minutes.