Bev’s Shrimp Pasta Salad2006-11-23
- Course: Side Dishes
- Yield : 10
- Servings : 10
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 50m
- Add to Recipe Box
To get this recipe, I had to beg and rely on a memory! Kaplan’s finest and some older softball players, the Jr Bucs and Lady Bucs, recently reunited. This pasta dish was one of the the “hits” of this baseball reunion. The cleats and gloves that had been hung up years ago came off the shelf that night, if only in spirit. The fun and camaraderie shared on the playing field magically returned. Reunions are so much fun!
- 1 box Kraft Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- 1 small onion, minced fine
- 1 half-rib of celery, minced fine
- 1 pod of garlic
- 1 small jalapeño, chopped fine
- 1 (6 oz) can petit pois (peas), drained well
- 6 boiled eggs, yolks removed
- 1 lbs shrimp (can substitute crab, chicken or ham)
- Mayonnaise (as wet or dry as you like it)
- Zatarain’s shrimp and crab boil powder
Finely mince first 4 ingredients (onion, celery, garlic, and jalapeño) and set aside. Depending on taste, you may cut larger chunks and/or add olives.
Prepare pasta salad according to box directions.
Boil eggs and shrimp.
Chop egg whites and cut shrimp into chunks.
Mix all ingredients together and add mayonnaise. Taste and add whatever seasoning you like.
Chill and serve.