- Course: Side Dishes
My Mamon, Lou Guidry, made this delicious rice dressing every year. I always begged to bring some home. I’ve modified it with Basmati Rice. The kids love this recipe.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound Owens hot breakfast sausage
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- Small jar chopped pimentos
- 1/2 bellpepper chopped
- 3 cups Basmati Rice
- 6 cups water
- Chopped green onions (scallions)
- Salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
Brown all the meat in a heavy pot (if you use a thin pot, your rice will burn at the bottom). Add onions and garlic. Cook until onions are tender, then add the bell pepper, rice, water, salt, pepper and pimento.
Turn heat low. Cook for 25 min. Do not stir or lift lid while cooking. Feeds a small army – about 12-14 very hungry people or one very, very large Cajun.