- Course: Soups & Salads
Fantastic alternative to the regular veggie soup; it’s spicy and easy to make. Will make the sniffles go away for sure.
- 1 lb stew meat
- 2 (15 oz) cans mixed vegetables
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 bell pepper, chopped
- 4 stalks of celery, (chopped)
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel Brand tomatoes
- 1 (29 oz) can tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tony Chachere's seasoning to taste (optional)
- 3 cups water or beef broth
Cut stew meat into bite size pieces and salt and pepper to taste.
Brown the meat in a hot skillet with onions.
In a large pot, add the meat and water and all other ingredients to your pot. Let it cook down for 2 hours till meat is tender; it should be thick but still soupy. You can add water for a thinner soup or cook down more for a thicker soup.