- Course: Appetizers
- Yield : 25
- Servings : 25
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 20m
- Add to Recipe Box
Trifles are a cold dessert, made both plain and elaborately decorated. This dessert can be made with sherry, fruit juice or liqueur-soaked sponge cake in the base of a large or individual serving dish, covered with layers of fruit, jelly, custard and whipped cream in various combinations. It is very easy and yummy; great for summer cookouts and potluck dinners.
- Angel Food Cake
- 30 ounces Tropical Fruit, drained
- 30 ounces Fruit Cocktail, drained
- 30 ounces Crushed Pineapple, drained
- 16 ounces of Cool Whip large
- 2 cups Fresh Strawberries
- 1 cup Walnuts or Pecans
- Trifle Bowl or Deep Tupperware Bowl
- Cherries, coconut and bananas (optional)
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
Cut or rip Angel Food Cake into chunks.
Macerate (pulverize) your strawberries with about a half a cup of sugar and refrigerate for about an hour.
Now begin to layer your ingredients for the cake: first cake, then add strawberries, then spread cool whip, tropical fruit, fruit cocktail, and top with nuts. Continue layering until cool whip is on last and nuts are on top. You may also add cherries, coconut and/or bananas to the dish if you like.