Toasted Pecan Brown Sugar Frosting Glaze2015-09-27
- Yield : 1 cup
- Servings : 1
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 45m
- Add to Recipe Box
Perfect frosting for a nice change from powdered sugar frosting
- 1/4 cup (3 tablespoon) butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar or more if needed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
Place pecans in microwve for 1 minute - Set aside
In medium saucepan, combine 3 tablespoons margarine and 1/2 cup brown sugar; bring to a boil.
Cook over medium heat stirring constantly for 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Cool 15 minutes. Add milk; beat until smooth
With a mixer beat in enough powdered sugar for desired spreading consistency. add more powdered sugar if needed. Frost cooled cake or cookies then sprinkle with pecans.
If needed, chilling in refrigerator may help thicken the frosting. If it is too thick add a little more milk.