Swedish Meatballs and Sauce2002-06-11
- Course: Appetizers
- Yield : 400 servings
- Servings : 400 servings
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 8m
- Ready In : 38m
- Add to Recipe Box
Swedish meatballs are a popular dish at parties and weddings. These were made by me and served at my wedding.
- 4 lbs ground beef
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 6 slices of stale bread soaked in milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Garlic salt to taste
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped fine
- 2 medium onions, chopped fine
- 4 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 oz) can V-8 juice
- 1/2 cup Jack Miller Bar-b-que sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
For Meatballs: Combine all ingredients and roll into bite-size balls. The less you work the meat, the better the texture and taste will be.
Fry in hot oil until brown or bake in oven at 400 degrees in a pan or cookie sheet with a lip for 20 minutes or until brown. Makes 400 to 450 meatballs.
For Sauce: Cook the tomato sauce until thick. Add the V-8 juice, the bar-b-que sauce and the water (alternatively use 2 cans mushroom soup and 2 measured cans of barbeque sauce). Bring the sauce to a boil and add the meatballs. Lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes.