Stuffed Banana Peppers2014-08-09
- Yield : 12 servings
- Servings : 12 servings
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 1:15 h
- Add to Recipe Box
Pawpaw picked a peck of cheese-stuffed bacon-wrapped banana peppers.
When his hands started burning, we found he could coat his hands in sour cream, evaporated milk, fresh lime juice, vaseline, or vegetable oil to soothe his skin.
- 12 Sweet Banana Peppers or 6 large
- 1 small chopped fresh tomato seeded
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 small chopped bell pepper
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small jalapeno pepper (optional if you don't want heat)
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves (optional)
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tsp each garlic powder and onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne or more (optional)
- 1/4 to 1/2 pound bacon
Wash, seed and slice peppers lengthwise on one side. Set aside.
Melt the butter; add the mushrooms salt.garlic and onion powder.
Saute on low heat gently until tender; add spinach if using and saute 5 minutes.
Mix the mushrooms, spinach and the remaining ingredients except the bacon and the peppers you are stuffing.
Stuff the peppers and wrap the pepper in bacon.
Bake at 375 degrees until bacon is cooked - 30 to 45 minutes,