Stinky & Foo’s Caj-Mex Cornbread2009-01-18
Mouth-watering Caj-Mex Cornbread that can be a meal in itself or as a side dish.
- 2 boxes jiffy cornbread mix
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 pound ground beef or crawfish
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jar sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 bag shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion tops
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 stick butter
- chopped jalapeños to taste
- parsley flakes to taste
- seasonings to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix cornbread mix, eggs, milk, cheese, jalapeños, and both cans of corn in a large bowl.
Season ground meat and brown in butter, sauté mushrooms, onion, bell pepper, garlic, and onion tops until soft.
Mix sautéed veggies and meat with other ingredients in bowl.
Pour mix into greased baking pan and spread evenly. Then sprinkle parsley flakes over top as desired. Bake for about 1 hour or until golden brown.