Steve’s Crawfish Topping For Redfish, Speckled Trout, Catfish or any Fish2007-11-29
- Course: Main Dishes
- Yield : 6
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 45m
- Add to Recipe Box
A delicious cream sauce of crawfish, crabmeat, or shrimp; suitable for virtually any type fish.
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 good shakes of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 3 tbsp margarine
- Cajun seasoning/spices to taste
- 8 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 1 pound crawfish or shrimp or 8 oz crabmeat
Sauté vegetables in margarine in heavy stainless sauté pan until they’re just beginning to soften. Add three good shakes Worcestershire sauce and the juice of half a lemon. Sauté 10 minutes-season.
Add the Cajun seasoning to taste (Tony’s, Slap ya Mama, etc.) along with crawfish and sauté on low heat for another 15 minutes.
Add cream and sauté until reduced by half, season again if needed (after tasting). Spoon over (cooked) fish and enjoy!