- Course: Appetizers
- Yield : 6 to 8
- Servings : 6 to 8
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 35m
- Add to Recipe Box
It is amazing how great spinach is in so many dishes. This is just one of them from one of our favorite cooks.
- 1 French bread (store purchased or homemade)
- 1 box chopped frozen spinach, defrosted & drained
- 8 ounces shredded jalapeño cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Cooked bacon pieces (optional)
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp margarine
Defrost spinach, squeeze water out of it. In a skillet melt margarine, add onion & garlic, sauté until clear, add spinach, jalapeño cheese and cook on low until cheese is melted.
Spread on French bread that has been cut in half lengthwise. Add bacon bits, then spread mozzarella cheese on top and bake in 350 degree oven until cheese is melted.