- Course: Main Dishes
- Yield : 25
- Servings : 25
- Prep Time : 45m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 1:15 h
- Add to Recipe Box
Goulash originated in Eastern Europe, but is now commonly made in Southwest Louisiana.
- 5 pounds meat mixture (1/2 beef and 1/2 pork)
- 1 pound grated cheddar cheese
- 3 cans cream of tomato soup
- 5 cans mushroom
- 5 large onions chopped
- 2 large bell peppers chopped
- 3 or more cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup each of onion tops and parsley
- 2 1/2 package spaghetti (12 oz)
- Seasonings (salt black pepper and garlic powder) to taste
Cook the spaghetti noodles according to package directions.
Season meat with salt, black pepper and garlic powder, mix with onions, bell pepper and garlic. Brown meat then simmer 5 minutes. Spoon off excess fat - add the tomato soup and cook 10 minutes.
Add the cooked spaghetti, mushrooms, onion top and parsley and 1/2 of the cheese. Mix well then pour into the casserole and top with remaining cheese.
Bake 30 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven.