Shrimp Stuffed Crab (Crab Backs)2002-06-11
- Course: Main Dishes
- Yield : 24 servings
- Servings : 24 servings
- Prep Time : 45m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 1:5 h
- Add to Recipe Box
Use both shrimp and crab for an even better flavor – bake or fry. Or place in an 8×8 casserole dish, top with shredded cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes until warmed thoroughly and cheese is melted.
- 1 stick 8 tbsp margarine
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4 slices of bread or 2 hot dog buns
- 2 cups crabmeat (keeping the crab shells)
- 2 cups shrimp boiled and ground
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Red pepper (cayenne) to taste
- Breadcrumbs (seasoned)
- Zatarins' crab boil
In a medium pot, season water with the crab boil and boil the shrimp reserving the water. Soak the bread in a small amount of shrimp water.
Sauté the celery, onion, and bell pepper in the margarine until the vegetables are soft. Add the crabmeat and shrimp and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the bread and a little bit of the water, if needed. Season to taste with the pepper and salt. Add minced parsley and green onions.
Spray your crab shells with Pam and stuff the crab shells, topping with the breadcrumbs. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Serve with your favorite stew or étouffée.