- Yield : 1
- Servings : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 30m
- Add to Recipe Box
Always a hit at brunches. Just ask that Jenny girl.
- 1 pound medium to large shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1/4 to 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 pound fresh, sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove minced garlic or both
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (optional)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- cayenne (optional)
- lil bit parsley (chopped)
First, make these grits.
Next, melt butter in skillet. Sauté chopped onion, garlic and sliced mushrooms over medium heat until soft.
Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp turns pink, being careful not to overcook.
Dissolve cornstarch in water (or be daring and use white wine) and add to skillet, along with salt, Worcestershire Sauce and cayenne, if desired.
Stir over low heat until sauce thickens. Serve over grits. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.