Shrimp and Eggplant Casserole2002-05-30
- Course: Main Dishes
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 1:15 h
- Ready In : 1:40 h
- Add to Recipe Box
- 2 large eggplants, peeled & cubed
- 1 1/2 lbs ground meat
- 4 cups shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped fine
- 3 slices of toasted bread, crumbled
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Red pepper to taste
- 4 cups water
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
In a large pan, sauté ground meat, eggplant, and onion until brown.
Dissolve bouillon cubes in the water. Add to the pan and cook on medium heat for 30 minutes, remembering to stir.
Add shrimp, parsley and bell pepper. Cook for 15 minutes; pour into a casserole dish and add breadcrumbs.
Bake in oven for 30 minutes at 325.