Shrimp and Crab Seafood Rice Casserole2018-06-02
- Yield : 1
- Servings : 8 to 12 servings
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 1:10 h
- Ready In : 1:40 h
- Add to Recipe Box
This recipe is one of our old handwritten recipes written down from a dinner party
- 1/4 stick of butter (2 tablespoon)
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic chopped
- 1 rib celery chopped
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 pound shrimp and 1/2 pound crab meat
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 package of Swiss cheese or Swiss cheese slices
- 1 package of grated cheddar cheese or cheddar cheese
Saute the butter, onion, garlic and celery for five minutes.
Add the Rotel tomatoes, cream of mushroom soup, and the sliced mushrooms.
Simmer for 15 minutes.
Add the shrimp and crab meat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Combine with the cooked rice.
Fill the casserole dish with half of the mixture adding Swiss cheese on top.
Pour the rest of the filling and top with grated cheddar cheese and breadcrumbs.
Bake 350° about 45 minutes