Sausage and Vegetable Soup2006-01-16
- Course: Nouveau Cajun
- Yield : 7
- Servings : 7
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 60m
- Add to Recipe Box
Cajuns love to cook “all day long” meals, but this soup is as good as any “all day cooked” soup. With busy schedules, this makes you look like you slaved all day; allowing you quality time with family and friends or a good game of bouree.
- 1 (14.5 oz) can can of chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can beef broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Italian stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups hash browned potatoes
- 1 (16 oz) package HEB soup vegetables, frozen
- 8 oz smoked sausage sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
Combine broths and undrained tomatoes in a large sauce pan and bring to boil.
Stir in soup vegetables, sausage, and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil again.
Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, until vegetables are almost done.
Add hash browns and simmer until soft.
Season to taste and ladle into bowls. Sprinkle with a little parmesan cheese.