Pistachio Pie Bake (Watergate Salad Pie)2005-12-25
- Yield : 8-12
- Servings : 8-12
- Prep Time : 45m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 1:5 h
- Add to Recipe Box
The pie crust adds such a delicious twist to the famous Pistachio Watergate Dessert.
- 1 - 3 ounce package Pistachio pudding
- 1 (15 oz) can unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 cup small marshmallows
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 large tub of Cool Whip; reserve one-half cup
- 1 cup pecans chopped fine
- 1 cup flour
- 8 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar
- Cool Whip
- maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup pecans or pistachios
Crust: Cream margarine, and sugar together. Add flour and mix. Combine with pecans.
Press into a 9x13 pan and bake 15 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees until a light golden brown. Allow to cool.
In a separate bowl combine the pudding, pineapple, marshmallows, and 1/2 cup nuts. Fold in the tub of Cool Whip.
Pour into the prepared pan and garnish with the remaining Cool Whip, pecans/pistachios and maraschino cherries.
Chill until served