Mawmaw’s German Chocolate Bars2002-05-26
- Course: Cakes & Candy
- Yield : 24 servings
- Servings : 24 servings
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 45m
- Add to Recipe Box
This was one of my grandson Colby’s favorite cookies at Christmas. Now he makes his Mom do them.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 package Betty Crocker German Chocolate Cake Mix
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 (6 oz) package semi-sweet chocolate chips or butterscotch
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 (14 oz) can condensed milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Pour melted butter in a 9x12 pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix onto the butter, distributing evenly. Then sprinkle and layer in this order: marshmallow, chips, coconut, and then pecans. Pour the condensed milk evenly over the top.
Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown. Run butter knife along the edge to loosen sides. Cut into bars.