Low Fat Cajun Chicken2005-01-19
- Course: Main Dishes
- Yield : 4
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- Add to Recipe Box
With an ever increasing interest in the reduction of excess fat in our daily diets, the Cajuns are no exception. This recipe (Original, cooked in Hitachi rice cooker) has been modified to reduce the fat content; both the modified versions of cooking in a rice cooker and stovetop are shown.
- 4 - 6 chicken breast skinned and seasoned to taste
- 1/2 cup onion chopped fine
- 1/2 cup bell pepper chopped fine
- 1/4 cup celery chopped fine
- 1 package Good Season Salad Dressing mix (look for the package you mix with water)
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- splash of Kitchen Bouquet
- seasonings to taste
Spray bottom of Hitachi rice cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Put seasoned chicken in pot. Slice onion and bell pepper over chicken. In a separate bowl put a packet of Good Season Dressing Mix and mix according to package directions omitting the oil and adding the additional cup of water, vinegar, and Kitchen Bouquet.
Pour over chicken and set the cooker to cook. When cooker goes off, chicken is cooked. Serve over rice.