Fresh Broccoli Salad2004-05-27
- Yield : 8
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 40m
- Add to Recipe Box
A lot of kids aren’t huge vegetable fans, but a recent poll of middle school students revealed that this generation not only likes broccoli but also prefers it to other more traditionally kid-friendly vegetables. Here is one way to get your kid to eat broccoli.
- 10 slices bacon, crisply fried and crumbled
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh broccoli florets mixed with broccoli slaw
- 1 small red onion, chopped fine
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise or less if preferred
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar or the Splenda equivalent
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 cup chopped pecans - sunflower - almonds - walnuts or the nut of your choice
In a small bowl, pour boiling water over raisins; let stand for 10 minutes, drain & cool.
Mix broccoli, cooked crisp bacon, raisins, pecans and onion together in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
In a small bowl, blend mayonnaise, sugar/splenda and vinegar.
Pour mayonnaise mixture over broccoli mix; mixing well.
Cover & chill for 2 hours before serving.