Crawfish Pie II2002-05-30
- Course: Main Dishes
- Yield : 1
- Servings : 6 - 8
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 1:15 h
- Add to Recipe Box
Crawfish Pie – a Louisiana favorite – No Crawfish? Put in dat shrimp instead. So Lentilicious gud, ma freind!
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds crawfish tails
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 8oz stick butter
- 1 tsp each red pepper, black pepper
- 1 (10 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- ½ cup parsley (optional)
- ½ cup sliced scallions (green onions) (optional)
- 1 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- Two (9 inch) pie crusts
Line a 9-inch pie pan and bake bottom crust to a light brown color as per the package instructions.
In a medium saucepan, sauté onion, butter, seasonings and crawfish. Stir and blend in the mushroom soups, celery soup and the tomato sauce. Add parsley, green onions and garlic powder.
Pour into the almost cooked pie shell. Cover with the remaining pie shell, slit and bake the shell per instructions or until the top shell is brown.
For a shiny pie crust - brush lightly with egg white that has been slightly beaten.