Crawfish Etouffée IV (Etoufée)2004-01-15
- Course: Main Dishes
It only takes 20 minutes to prep and it’s the BEST Dish I have cooked in a very long time!!!
- 4 cups finely chopped onions
- 2 cups finely chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 minced garlic
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 lbs crawfish tails with fat
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cajun or creole seasonings
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onion tops (scallions)
In a heavy pot, preferably cast iron, melt butter and then add the onions, bell pepper, celery and garlic. Cook on low heat for 30-40 minutes until vegetables are soft and translucent. Cooking for awhile on low heat is a must, otherwise your dish may taste too oniony.
Add flour and stir for one minute. Add crawfish tails and water and continue to cook for 15 minutes.
Add seasoning and onion tops and cook for 5 more minutes. More seasoning may be added depending how spicy you like it. Serve over fresh steaming rice with Corn Maque Choux and Fresh Tomato Salad.