Couvillion’s Eggplant Rice Dressing2008-07-22
- Course: Side Dishes
- Yield : 8
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 1:10 h
- Ready In : 1:35 h
- Add to Recipe Box
Excellent as side dish with any meat or as a main dish served with vegetables. This recipe was adapted from a recipe that traditionally uses pork.
- 2 pounds ground turkey, ground sirloin beef or pork
- 2 to 3 large egg plants, peeled & cubed
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 4 to 5 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Prepare 4 cups cooked rice.
Brown ground turkey/beef set aside.
Sauté onions and bell pepper in olive oil until translucent. Add browned meat and mix together.
Add seasoning and cubed eggplant. Cook down, stirring occasionally on medium/low heat for 70 – 90 minutes.
Mash down eggplant into mixture near end of cooking time. Blend in salted cooked rice and serve.