- Course: Main Dishes
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:20 h
- Add to Recipe Box
Cajuns love their unique name reflected in the title of this recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 links Andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 (16 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (16 oz) can whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (16 oz) can kidney beans
- 1 tbsp heaping chili powder
- Several dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste (or red pepper flakes, or both)
- Water to cover
Brown ground beef and sausage in olive oil. Add vegetables and cook until onions turn translucent.
Add the liquid ingredients, stir, then add dry ingredients. Stir well, cover, and simmer for about an hour.
Serve over rice or with a crisp French bread, topped with chopped onions and cheese.