Classic Shrimp Dip for Wedding2002-12-09
- Course: Appetizers
- Yield : 1
- Servings : 1
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 50m
- Add to Recipe Box
There are over 2,000 different species of shrimp worldwide and there are probably just as many ways to prepare shrimp dip. This is almost always served at weddings and parties. This recipe will easily serve 60 guests.
- 2 lbs peeled shrimp, cut into very tiny pieces
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium bell peppers, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 cup parsley, chopped fine
- 3/4 cup green onions, chopped fine
- 4 cans cream of mushroom soup or mix with cream of celery
- Tabasco Sauce to taste (Optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp Kitchen Bouquet for color
- 1 scallion, chopped fine (Optional)
In a large heavy duty pot (preferably nonstick) sauté the onion, bell pepper, celery and scallions in the butter until the onions are clear.
Add the soup, shrimp, garlic powder, onion powder and Tabasco. Add enough Kitchen Bouquet to change the color of the dish to a light brown color, add slowly rather than all at once. You may need more depending on the color you prefer.
Continue to heat over medium heat 15 to 20 minutes until the shrimp are cooked. Add the parsley and onion tops and cook an additional 5 minutes. Serve with crackers or French bread (baguette) croutons. To make the baguette croutons, see our website.