Cajun Squash Dressing2004-10-21
- Course: Side Dishes
- Yield : 6 - 8
- Servings : 6 - 8
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 1:20 h
- Add to Recipe Box
Here is a wonderful use for your summer and fall squash.
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1/2 cup butter
- 5 cups cooked cornbread
- 2 cups milk
- 1 10 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 3 cups cooked yellow squash
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions (green onions)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (optional)
Peel, chop, and boil enough squash to make three cups. Drain all water.
Cook cornbread or any favorite brand cornbread mix.
Saute onion, pepper and celery in the butter. Add the cornbread and mix well.
Mix, combining well, the remaining ingredients.
Pour into a greased 13x9x2 casserole dish and bake at 400 degrees for 50 minutes until lightly browned.