Broccoli and Seafood or Meat Pie2002-12-18
- Course: Side Dishes
- Yield : 8
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
- Add to Recipe Box
A great dinner addition (even for those who don’t love Broccoli).
- 1 deep dish pie shell
- 3 ounces grated Mozzarella cheese
- 3 ounces sliced Mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb ground beef chuck or turkey OR shrimp and/or crab meat
- 1 (4 oz) can of mushrooms
- 4 ounces soft cream cheese
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli
- 1 (10 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 small scallion (optional)
- Black pepper to taste
- Tabasco to taste
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
Following package directions on the pie crust, bake the crust until brown.
Cut the broccoli into large bite size pieces and boil until just tender.
In a medium skillet, add the oil and brown the meat. Add the mushrooms, onion and celery and sauté until the onion is translucent, then add meat back in.
Add the shredded cheese, cream cheese and seasonings, stir and cook until blended. Remember the soup will be salty enough so no added salt is needed in this dish.
Mix in the broccoli slowly being careful not to break up the pieces.
Pour into the pie shell and top with the cheese slices. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven 35 to 45 minutes. Let stand before cutting.