Blue Crab Stuffing2006-09-26
- Yield : 6 - 8
- Servings : 6 - 8
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 50m
- Add to Recipe Box
As many times as I brought my children crabbing at Rockefeller Refuge, Holly Beach, and road side ditches, all I really saw was the crab walking. That makes them easier to catch for this stuffing.
- 1 lbs crab claw meat
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups crushed rich cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tbsp scallions (green onions)
In a large mixing bowl, mix the crab meat with the vegetables and dry ingredients.
Add the egg, milk, margarine and Worcestershire sauce and mix thoroughly.
Place the mixture into freshly cleaned natural crab backs, ramekins or a casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.