Black-Eye Pea Jambalaya (Rice Cooker)2009-08-08
- Course: Appetizers, Side Dishes
- Yield : 1
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 50m
- Add to Recipe Box
Plug in dat rice cooker! This is a fast and easy dish to make in your rice cooker.
- 3/4 stick butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound smoked sausage sliced and browned
- 1 1/2 cup raw rice
- Creole or Cajun Seasoning to taste
- 1 14oz can beef broth
- 1 15oz can black-eyed peas with jalapeno
Slice sausage into bite size pieces and brown in a medium pan. Melt margarine in microwave.
Mix all ingredients together in a rice cooker, press the button and cook. Goes great with coleslaw.
After the rice cooker bell rings; let the rice cooker stand 10 minutes.