Bert’s Low Fat Crawfish Fettuccini2002-05-30
- Course: Main Dishes
- Yield : 4 servings
- Servings : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
- Add to Recipe Box
- 1 tbsp low fat margarine
- 2 shallots or 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup low fat evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup low sodium, low fat chicken broth
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup mild cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 to 1 lb crawfish (can be substituted with shrimp or crab)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Handful of parsley, chopped
- Handful of onion tops, chopped
- Pam cooking spray
- Fettuccini, cooked
Cook the fettuccini according to the instructions, drain and set aside.
Spray a cast iron or thick-bottomed skillet with pam. Melt the margarine and sauté the shallots and garlic over medium heat for 5 minutes.
Add evaporated milk and broth, stir well.
Add parmesan and cheddar cheese, stirring until the cheese melts. Add more liquid if needed at this point but be conservative; you don't want the mixture too liquidity.
Season with salt and pepper. Add the seafood to the mixture, stirring thoroughly.
Add onion tops and parsley, stirring once. Turn off the heat, add the fettuccini and stir well. Serve and enjoy!