Bellpepper Italiana a la’ Cajun2003-11-27
- Course: Main Dishes
- Yield : 10
- Servings : 10
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 60m
- Add to Recipe Box
Tastes like stuffed bell peppers, but far less trouble to make. This can be used as a main or side dish.
- 5 -6 medium to large bell peppers cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 1/2 lb ground meat
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel Italian Style Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 large bag of dried shrimp soaked in cold water (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs for topping
Cut bell peppers into bite sized pieces.
Brown ground meat with the onions, and garlic. Drain excess fat and put back in the pot, adding the chopped bell peppers. Cook until peppers are soft.
Add drained dried shrimp (if using). Add salt and pepper. Stir until mixed well.
Add 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs. Mix well.
Grease a 13 x 9" pan. Pour mixture into pan. Top with more Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs. Bake at 325 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.