Ted ‘s Pepper Jack Burgers!2008-10-26
- Course: Main Dishes
- Yield : 4
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 25m
- Add to Recipe Box
The author says “Secret to these is Coca-cola and poking a hole in center of patties with pinky so they don’t look like flying saucers when cooked.”
- 1 1/2 pound ground chuck sirloin
- 1 small onion minced fine
- 1/2 tsp celery seed (not salt)
- 1/2 can Coca-cola
- dash of Worcestershire
- Tabasco to taste
- Tony's seasoning or Cajun Seasoning to taste
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 4 thick slices Pepper Jack cheese
Combine all but cheese.
Make into 4 patties and poke a hole with your pinky through center of patties so they don't plump up in middle.
Cook in a little olive oil to the degree of done that you like. Top with cheese slices, tomato, and ketchup or bar-b-que sauce.