Stuffed Chicken Breast w/ Shrimp and Crab2002-07-18
- Course: Main Dishes
- Yield : 4 servings
- Servings : 4 servings
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 40m
- Add to Recipe Box
This is an easy meal to prepare. You can make this more heart healthy by baking in the oven instead of cooking it in oil.
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped (or substitute celery salt and dried celery leaves to taste)
- 1/4 cup bell pepper chopped fine
- 1 (4 oz) can shrimp
- 1 (6 oz) can crab meat
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- Chicken coating, bread crumbs, cornflakes or Panko Bread crumbs (your choice)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cayenne to taste
- Onion powder and garlic powder to taste (optional)
- Oil for frying
- 4 large or 6 medium chicken breast fillets (boneless)
Pound the chicken breast with a tenderizer hammer. Lay the meat flat as you will be rolling it up with stuffing after it's prepared.
Drain and rinse the shrimp and crabmeat. Since the crabmeat is so fine, I just put water in the can and keep squeezing the lid to get the water out.
In a medium bowl, mix the shrimp, crabmeat, onion, bell pepper, celery, onion and garlic powder. Salt and pepper to taste.
Put the stuffing mixture on the chicken breast. Roll the chicken and secure with a toothpick to hold the chicken breast closed. Dip the chicken in the egg and milk mixture and pass in the coating. You can choose to season either the chicken or the coating.
Cook the chicken in hot oil until the coating turns brown and the meat runs clear when pricked with a fork. Remove from oil and place on paper towel to drain. Serve warm.
You may also bake the chicken after coating in a 350 degree oven until juices run clear and the coating turns brown (about 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes.