Della’s Shrimp Tortilla Cups2015-01-11
- Yield : 1
- Servings : 12 servings
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 16m
- Ready In : 46m
- Add to Recipe Box
Shrimp used in a fresh new way.
- One pack small round tortillas
- 1/2 stick of butter (4 tablespoon)
- Cajun Seasoning
- garlic powder and onion powder (optional)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded pepper jack cheese
- Jalapeno pepper rings seeded or canned pepper rings
- 6 slices of bacon cooked and chopped coarsely
Make the tortilla cups by cutting the tortillas in half, then make a quarter cut in the half. Twirl and place in the muffin pan making a cup with the tortilla shell.
Cut the butter into 12 pats; place one butter pat into each of the cups.
Follow with shrimp, cheddar cheese, cooked bacon, jalapeno slice, finish layering with pepper jack cheese.
Bake in a 400° oven for 10 minutes. The shrimp cups will be firm enough to handle once baked.
Notes: Oysters can be used. Try adding grated red onions. For less heat, try sweet banana peppers or red or green bell pepper.Or use Canadian bacon for a taste change.