Shrimp or Crawfish Etoufee2007-11-29
- Course: Main Dishes
- Yield : 8
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 35m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:35 h
- Add to Recipe Box
An easy Etoufee and some of the best you’ll ever eat.
- 2 pounds cooked shrimp or crawfish tails
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup green onion tops or scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tbsp Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1/2 tsp each black pepper and paprika
- 1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
In a saucepan over medium heat melt butter and add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, green onion, celery, jalapeno, parsley and cilantro. Sauté until onions and peppers are tender.
Add diced tomatoes and stir until heated. Add cream of mushroom soup, cream of celery soup, tomato paste and 2 cups water, continue to stir until heated again.
Add shrimp or crawfish tails and bring back to a soft boil then reduce heat to simmer, stir in cayenne pepper, Cajun or Creole seasoning, paprika, old bay seasoning and black pepper. Simmer for 30 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, making sure not to scorch.