Sausage and Beef Stuffed Bread2008-01-14
- Course: Appetizers
- Yield : 4
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 35m
- Add to Recipe Box
This is a favorite family recipe for any get together or just because. Bridgeford is my preferred brand for this recipe. To get a lovely shiny crust on your bread, brush lightly scrambled egg white on the dough before baking.
- 1 loaf of Bridgeford frozen bread
- 1/ 2 pound regular fresh pork sausage or Jimmy Dean's sausage
- 1 cup grated cheese (your choice) 1/2 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup each shredded cheddar cheese and shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup green onions (scallions)
- 1 small onion
- jalapeño peppers (optional)
Spray a cookie sheet with Pam or other non stick spray. Place one frozen loaf of bread on pan and let it thaw and rise.
Once bread has risen, brown sausage and beef and drain excess oil and saute the onion in the meat mixture. Chopped bell pepper can also be added and sauteed.
Pat or roll out the bread dough (not too thin because you are going to jelly roll it) onto the cookie sheet.
Place browned meat mixture on top of bread, and then sprinkle grated cheese, green onions and peppers to your taste. Roll the bread up like a jelly roll and bake in oven at 375 degrees or set by bread package until golden brown.